Rotary’s first factory opened in 1895 in the Swiss town of La Choux de Fonds. The quality of Rotary’s watches ensured the brand quickly became popular. Within twelve years, Rotary had expanded and opened an office in Britain and in 1925 Rotary introduced the now famous Rotary logo. In 1940 Rotary were appointed the official watch supplier of the British army. Rotary is one of few watch makers that are family run, in 1987 the fourth generation of the Dreyfuss family joined the fully independent family company. Rotary was the winner of the ‘supplier of the year’ award at the UK Jewellery Awards in 2002 and 2003, and Rotary achieved ‘Super brand’ status in both 2006 and 2007.